I have been thinking about my dream job for a while now, and I have decided that now is the time to REALLY do what I can to get on that path and start working seriously toward that goal.
But… with the catch 22 I mentioned in my last post, how do I go about starting this journey?
- Work in an internal medicine or family practice clinic in the hopes I can work with some PWD’s
- Beg for a job in an endocrine clinic or office somewhere despite not yet having my CDE
- Go back to school for RN (only have my Associate’s in nursing thus far) to MSN to be a Pedi. Nurse Practitioner in the hopes that will make me more marketable and allow me to get my foot in the pedi. diabetes world somewhere
- Start looking nationally and move away from family if necessary to gain the much needed endocrine experience to gain my CDE
- I’m already on LinkedIn – maybe I need to do even more networking on there with diabetes people…
Not sure what else I could do to embark on this journey and actually make some headway in getting to my end goal.
Any thoughts or advice about this are absolutely welcome!!